In 2012, Farm Credit Mid-America established the Farm Credit Scholars Program through the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources at the University of Tennessee. The program goal is to enhance the learning experience of students and to prepare them for careers in agriculture.
Farm Credit Scholars will:
- Receive a $3,000 scholarship which may be renewed annually
- Participate in a summer internship in a Farm Credit office
- Enroll in a customized curriculum
- Participate in other activities to enhance their background in agriculture and agricultural finance
Qualifications for potential Scholars:
- Must be academically at the college sophomore or junior levels in the upcoming fall semester with a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Must be currently enrolled in the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources at the University of Tennessee when named a Scholar
- Must have demonstrated academic excellence, evidence of strong leadership and a commitment to a career in the industry of agriculture
- Interest in the field of agricultural finance will be considered.
Two information sessions will be held in 301 Morgan Hall for interested students to learn more about the Farm Credit Scholars program.
- Tuesday, February 7 - 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 8 - 12:30 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Application and Important Dates
Brochure and Application for selection of 2017 class of scholars
Deadline for application submission: Monday, February 27, 2017
Interviews of finalists: March 20 - 31
For more information about the program, contact:
Dr. Bill Park
Farm Credit Scholars Program Director
2621 Morgan Circle, Rm. 302
University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37996-4518