You can be sure what you’re getting is the best! The programs and publications offered by the Human Development team are always research-based and informed by resident Ph.D. experts in the areas of child development, parenting, family life, relationships, etc. We value all members of families, please be sure to check out our resources for family members with special needs.
Spanking AlternativesEvery parent's worst nightmare...how to deal with a child's temper tantrum and other discipline problems!
Children don’t come with an instruction manual…until now! Connect with us about:
- Effective parenting skills and strategies
- Typical and expected developmental milestones
- Becoming a trained baby-sitter
- And so much more…
It’s easy to say that the teen years are challenging…but they don’t have to be! There are many useful resources to support:
- Parenting and educating tweens and teens
- Strong parent/teen relationships (including effective communication skills)
- Tweens and teens as they grow into contributors in our communities
- Prevention of risk-taking behaviors
Programs assisting child care providers, teachers and others who work with children in group settings and after-school care.
Helping others in our families is something many of us will face. We offer information and support for assisting parents and caregivers of family members throughout the lifespan, including kinship caregiving for the aging population, as well as caring for people with disabilities.
Relationships are complex and ever-evolving. We offer support and programs for:
- Healthy communication skills and boundaries
- Adult/teen relationships
- Marriage preparation
- Parenting during and after a divorce